Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

BLESSINGS

It is 7:30 a.m. and I just finished treatment...got me in really early this morning! I am so overwhelmed this morning. As I lay on the treatment table, I just could stop thinking of how God has blessed me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, church support, awesome friends. Above all, God has choosen to bless me with two unbelievable beautiful girls before all this began. He has shown me the way to an amazing hospital with the lastest technology. He has given me a husband who is ALWAYS positive and uplifting. In the midst of all this ...............I am so blessed.

Today, we will spend the day (mom , Lexy and I ) at the Holiday Inn. We should have a blast. It will be nice to have Lexy here and have some fun. I have an early appointment tomorrow, so we can go as soon as we're done. Treatment is still going well. I can feel a slight sore throat and lacking more saliva..............it's only temporary! This too shall pass!

Again, I can't thank all of you enough for all your prayers. God is answering. Please continue to pray specifically for Satan to STAY AWAY. I will not be afraid, anxious or troubled for tomorrow. Love you all.

Lisa

8 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lis-
    We pray for you daily, the whole family. Emme will ask us specific questions and we tell her that you are fighting an illness.
    I thought about you more on July 3, wondered what you had planned for the event. I am glad that you were able to celebrate that great mile marker in the midst of all of this other stuff you are going through right now.
    Be strong, you always have been and always will be!
    I am glad you are on the downslope of treatment. Next hurdle.. treatment done and you are cancer free. That is what we pray for.
    It is amazing the people I meet and run into and talk about your story and they also have a connection to you and Ray. It is amazing.
    SLCC was wonderful to raise money for you, you are blessed. I am so glad you have such wonderful suppor at such an ugly time. You are blessed!
    Love you!
    Kelly

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    God is blessing me by being able to read your words. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to meet you one day.

    Thanks

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad you are happy during this time and finding many blessings.......because you have tons of them! You truly have a wonderful husband and beautiful daughters! Plus, you have wonderful parents on both sides. Like you said a great hospital and lots of loving friends all over the place. Oh, don't forget safety while driving back and forth. Note to friends and family: Please don't call Lisa while driving.....she will drive, eat two cheeseburgers/ or burrito whatever the choice of food at the time, and talk on the phone all in one sitting!!! You thought the Dukes of Hazzard could drive on two wheels!

    It is so awesome how many prayers are going up to God in heaven. I just don't understand how someone wouldn't want to believe in such an amazing God.

    Go Lisa!!!
    Kathy

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, You are such an inspiration to me and Tracy. I can only hope that my faith would be this strong if I was in your shoes. We say a special prayer for you every night. We ask for continued healing for you and peace for your family. We love you guys so much and can't wait for that shining light at the end of the tunnel to surround you instead of guiding you. Please let us know if anything is needed!! Love you and god bless !!

    Love, Bob

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    We all are blessed by knowing you and by your sharing your thoughts, hopes and fears. We think of you often and pray as you do that you will make it through.
    God bless,
    Jim and Elsa

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home