Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Computer issues.........

Sorry I have not written............we have had computer issues at home and at U of M due to rain storms and power outages. Things are still going well !! The doctor is impressed I am still not taking any pain meds. The most bothersome thing, is the skin on my neck. It is becoming very red and crusty.........yuck! It's like alligator skin...lovely! I am using aloe and have been given silvadine cream. It is somewhat uncomfortable...but again, only temporary.

Can you believe that I only have two weeks left................9 more treatments! This has gone incredibly fast. Penny (step-mom) spent these past few days with me. We had a lot of down time and we enjoyed some reading and a trip to the mall. This weekend Alexa is in a wedding up north, I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to see her in her first wedding...........sorry, but I am going! I feel fine! Praise the Lord!

Next week Ray will be unable to bring me on Monday and Tuesday, so Penny will come along with me again. She is strong and will be able to see me hooked up to my chemo bags. Not sure if my mom could handle it so well.

I have said it before, but this is the easy part...going through treament, the hardest part is yet to come..........the WAIT. Please pray that God will continue to give me peace through the waiting period. I will probably be seen by an ENT 4-6 weeks after treatment and then return to U of M 3 months after treatment. They say things continue to strink even after treatment is over. I will most likely have a CT-Scan and I hopeful for another PET -Scan.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I will write again on Monday.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lis,

    I can tell a difference in your voice as we talked last night! I am so glad that there are only two weeks left......praise God is right!!! This morning, Frank came in and asked about you and treatment and I told him all the good news. He was so happy for you. He says he is praying for you all the time. His dad started treatment this week for the next six weeks to come, just like you. His mom is doing very well and may start chemo as a preventative measure.
    I have learned so much more about all of this. I still can't believe that you called me and told me the news! Never would have thought you would spend your summer like this. I thank God for the work He is doing. I thank God for you. We have to concentrate on the blessings. With love....

    Kathy

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    I am glad to hear you are feeling well. I bet Alexa will be beautiful in the wedding. I hope you all have a great time. You deserve it!
    Prayers and love,
    Brenna

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa,
    We just got back from vacation and I was catching up with your latest news since I last read. Praise God for such good progress! I have to tell you; as I was driving to work this AM, I was praying for you and in the middle of my prayer, guess what began to play on the radio? Your song!! It made me smile and my heart skip a beat! I can hear the optimism in your letters; keep it up Lisa:) Not only are you being blessed, but you are blessing others!
    Love Ya,
    Kris

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa,
    Just checking in on you. What nice pictures of you and you daughter. I am glad you were able to attend the wedding. I am still here in Uniontown praying often for you. One day I hope to meet you. God is working on your behalf. I know he will continue to heal and to bless you. Take Care!

    Gloria

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     

Post a Comment

<< Home