Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

8-8-06

Hi.....

Just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. It is so nice not to travel to U of M!!! I am feeling ok. Very tired and thank heavens for vicodin. I am taking it on the dot every 6 hours. Really bad sore throat and sore tongue. Hurts to swallow and eat. I really have no appetite, so forcing myself to eat three meals, lots of them liquid. I can't say I am in tons of pain due to the meds, just simply wiped out, like I have run a marathon.

The girls are great . Lauren just went for her 9 month check up. 10 % for height, 60% for weight, in other words............short and fat!!! She has been such a great baby. Lexy is doing great she loves to sing and dance. Oh, yes loves nail polish and lip gloss. She pampered me today and did my toenails.

Please continue to pray for God's healing. I ask specifically you pray for all the cancer to be gone and at my three month visit, again I will impress the doctors.

All my love,
Lisa

7 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa....Yeah!!! We're so glad you're done with treatments. Sorry you are in pain with your sore throat and tongue, but glad the vicodin helps. Will keep you in our prayers for a great 3 month check up.

    We miss you!

    God bless,
    The lab gang

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im glad u are doing well.


    Love, megan j

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    God is such a great & awsome God! I'm so glad to hear the good news that you are home & are able to spend time with your family.
    God is blessing all of those who read your messages. It is such an encouragement to see your faith & growth spiritually over the past months.
    Will continue to pray for complete healing, increased strengh & the joy of the Lord.
    I'm retiring Oct. 1 so I won't be back at South except to visit.
    See you later no matter what!!!
    Love, Mary

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THANK GOD FOR YOUR TRUST IN HIM, YOUR GRACE AND COURAGE TO HOLD TO HIM AND FAITH IN HIM WHO WILL WORK IN YOUR BODY AND SOUL AND MAKE YOUR BODY NEW AGAIN!

    IT IS BLESSING TO MY EARS THAT YOUR TREATMENTS ARE DONE. IT HAS BEEN A LONG HALL FOR YOU, BUT A JOURNEY IN YOUR LIFE THAT WILL FOREVER EMBEDDED. OUT OF THIS BUMP IN THE ROAD, YOU NOT ONLY HAVE INSPIRED SO MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING MYSELF, BUT YOU FOUND OUT WHO YOU ARE! IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO NOT KNOW ONLY WHO YOU ARE BUT "WHOSE" YOU ARE. GOD HAS CARRIED YOU THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND WILL CONTINUE TO HOLD ON TO YOU! WE OFTEN WONDER WHY GOD BRINGS PAIN AND SUFFERING INTO OUR LIVES - BUT THERE IS A REASON. YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW WHY - BUT YOU HAVE TOUCHED SO MANY HEARTS AND BROUGHT GOD INTO LIVES OF OTHERS WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE HAD THAT OPPORTUNITY BEFORE. YOUR FAITH IN GOD GIVES OTHERS HOPE.

    OUR PAIN WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THE PAIN JESUS PAID FOR US.

    REMEMBER I HAVE THURSDAYS OFF, AND IF YOU EVER NEED ME TO WATCH YOUR GIRLS WHILE YOU REST, PLEASE DONT HESTITATE TO CALL.

    LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU AND YOU ARE AND WILL CONTINUALLY BEING IN MY PRAYERS! THIS IS YOUR NEW LIFE - ENJOY IT....LOVE IT....LIVE IT!

    LOVE YA, LISA

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,

    Thank God for vicodin. Keep up on those fluids. I'm so glad that the treatments are done. I'm so proud of you for your bravery and strength through this. God is truley in your corner. Does Lexy do pedicures too? I bet she loved dotting on her mommy. Miss you on Wednesdays!!
    God bless you chick,
    Julie M.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are always thinking of you. We are still praying every night. It was good to see you and Ray. I hope we can spend more time together soon.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, I just learned of your website...I'm so glad to hear your treatment is over. I pray you will continue to feel stronger each day.
    God Bless, Shelly Palma

     

Post a Comment

<< Home