Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8-16-06

HI,

I am doing well, trying now just to take Motrin. Pain is tolerable and eating better. I still have a problem with taste . I can barely taste things and nothing sweet.............maybe a good thing. My mouth is still a mess inside, but slowly healing. I am trying to rest as much as I can, but with two little ones it can be hard. I am trying not to push myself too much, but also want to absorb every minute like I felt I have lost.

I am so praising God for this weather, I feel He sent it just to me. I love the temp and all the sunshine. I have my windows open and just love waking up to the sun and the birds singing . The fresh air is heavenly!

The girls are great and I am feeling blessed more than ever just to have them! God is so good.

As for now, I follow up with my Dr. at U of M Sept 11. Then will have another follow up in three months.

Lisa

2 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy for you, Lisa. I love the Red Friday emails....that is a cool idea. We are so blessed to live in a wonderful country, the land of the free. Thank God for all the support in our country from the military over the years so we can be safe. God is good to all of us in so many different ways.....I am glad you see God every morning when you wake up. I am sure He has made the sunshine for you and is touching you each day while healing you.

    I sent you some other emails about quilts, check it out. I couldn't find the one we talked about but this will give you an idea on some. Have a great week. Call me if you're up to it.

    Kathy

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa,

    I am thinking of you and still praying for you. I hope that you are feeling back to your normal self very soon.

    I would love to come over and play with the girls while you rest even if you just sit on the porch and enjoy the sun.

    Let me know when Gavin and I can come over. I will bring Ray some more Jumbalia too. :>)

    Love you guys. Call me when you can.

    Sheryl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home