Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Monday, August 21, 2006

8-21-06

I am feeling really good, just get run down sometimes. Today, Penny took the girls so I could catch a nap and get a few chores done, what a blessing. They are a ball of energy , those two!!!! I am eating better and only taking Motrin. I feel like I am on the road to recovery, getting some energy back.

I have to admit I have a new best friend...........Jesus. We talk every day through out the day. Our relationship has grown tremendously through out this ordeal. I fully trust my life with Him. He has held my hand and did not let me get burnt in the fire. I am so grateful that He protected my mind and heart. I can't wait to see what my great future holds.

I am trying to enjoy what summer we have left and trying to just slow down and enjoy every moment.

LISA

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you feel great! I love to hear you are doing better. This is great to read your blogs.

    Kathy

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Its awesome that Penny could take the girls for you for a bit just to get caught up on some stuff. I'm glad that things are getting back to normal for you and I am praying for a clean bill of health at your follow ups with your doc.

    Love Tanya

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa! This is Jill from MOPS, and I wanted to tell you that my husband's mom is the lady who adopted Casey from you! She loves her with all her heart! She was telling me the very sad story about Casey's owner and I suddenly said "that's LISA!" I just wanted to tell you, you gave her to a very, very loving person, Betty loves animals with everything in her being! You couldn't have chosen a better owner! I will warn you though, she might chub up a little bit! Betty likes to keep her pets happy, and usually it involves food! I am glad to hear you are feeling better, see you at MOPS...

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa

    I am so glad to hear that you are doing so much better each and every wonderful day God has blessed you with. I was on vacation all last week and was so eager to get home and read your blog to see how you are doing! Praise God for his faithfulness.

    Reading through this blog, I see Casey has a new wonderful family. I know how hard it was for you to give her up, but sounds like she is in wonderful hands!! God brought that lady to you and Casey will continue to have a good home!

    Give the girls a hug for me, enjoy what is left of the summer. Let the sun shine on your face, let the birds sing you a new song and let your soul take in everything God has blessed you with!

    Luv ya, Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home