Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

8-24-06

HI

Wanted to update everyone that things are still going well. I am still a bit tired, but thankfully cutting back even on the Motrin. My taste is somewhat coming back. I have been enjoying my girls so very much. I just continue to talk with God and keep asking for that peace that He gave me throughout treatment.

I am asking for all my prayer warriors to help me with a friend's mother-in-law in need of prayer. Her name is Barb. She is at Butterworth with bleeding on the brain. She lost her husband years ago and has only one adopted son. She is in need of healing prayers and peace as recovers. Please pray for her. Thank you.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A prayer for Barb and her family has been said, and I will continue to keep her in my daily prayers!

    Luv Ya, Lisa

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa,
    I will be praying for Barb today. My sister, Kristen, was talking to someone from your church at a stamping deal. She was telling Kristen about you! I am not sure if it was here in Muskegon at a school deal or what. My sister told me today (Wed) and all I can say is "What a small world"! Hope you are doing fantastically!

    Kathy

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lisa, friends, and family,

    Thank you all for the prayers. They are working. My mother-in-law, Barb, is out of the hospital and doing better every day. She stayed with us for a week while she got stronger. Now we are caring for her in her own place. If you didn't know that she was sick, you may not be able to tell. She is a little week from not using her muscles so she does in-home therapy for that. We are also helping her to improve her memory. As the doctors told us, her mind is like a messy closet right now. We have to help her put everything back on the right shelves. She still has things in her mind, it is just unorganized right now.

    God is Great! We have seen some amazing things these past months. Thank God for taking care of my family and friends!

    God Bless you all. Thanks, Sheryl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home