Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Friday, September 01, 2006

9-1-06

Hi Friends,

As you have noticed, I do not write daily, you can thank my little critters for that. They keep me so busy, really the only free time I have is when they are in bed and I like to take that time to read. So, I hope to get down on the computer at least once a week ,now that things have settled down with treatments.

I am still feeling well. I rest when I can and take Motrin very sparingly. I still have some thrush in my mouth, but it is clearing up . I look forward to my Dr. visits on 9-11-06 and see what is to come.

I had a few days of emotional set back . Why? I became suddenly afraid and it took me a couple days to figure out why. For the past 2 months I have had GOD, doctors, nurses, radiation and chemotherapy attending to me. Suddenly , all but one (GOD)..... stopped. I got scared, is God it? Did I really miss the chemo and radiation that much?

My past couple days have been filled with much peace as I push away those fears and completely let God take the wheel. It is His road, His car, His map and He is the driver.............I am just a passenger trusting in His skill, knowledge and excellent judgement. What does that map look like for Lisa Davis' life, boy oh boy if we could just all have a glimpse at that, would we peek?, or would we just live in total trust.

God does not always explain Himself. He loves to be trusted. I cannot possibly have all the answers to why or what ifs......but I can stand firm that God says :
"For I know, the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I daily thank God for guarding my mind and heart with peace as I wake each morning, thanking God for yet another day.

Please continue to pray for complete healing as God transforms my life.

Lisa

4 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, I am so proud of you! You are a shining example of God, thru you he is working miracles! Our God is an awesome God. Love You, Jerry and Sue

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lis,
    I am so glad you are doing well. I am thankful to God for you. Today, my friend, who now lives down the road from me, came over and needed a ziplock. He broke his foot cleaning. This is the friend who had a pancreas and kidney transplant in Wisconsin due to Diabetes. He broke his foot walking across his kitchen floor. I said to him, "If it happens that easily aren't you worried about it happening again"? He said, "I am not going to worry myself sick". So I guess if it happens again he will just deal with it. He just doesn't quit, I dropped off a bag of frozen corn for his foot and he was putting an entertainment center together. He has a strong will....been fighting from Diabetes since age of four until last year with his transplants. Keep fighting, Lis, don't quit!! Love ya, Kathy

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    As I sit at home with my minor setback - Broken Leg - and get frustrated because I can't do all the things I'm used to. . . It's great to hear once again how God is working in you. You have been such an inspiration to me. Everytime we converse - either by reading your blog or in person at the softball games - you are an encouragement to me. And I know that God is using you and Ray in this difficult time.

    I thank God for what He is doing in your life! God is so Good - all the time!!!

    Suellyn

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Lisa

    I usually write you a journal that is nice and long, but this time it is going to be simple and sweet because you got it all figured out even though you do not have all the answers or can't see what is next to come. You are allowing God be the driver and lead you down your next path in your journey in life!! Keep the faith and ...

    LET GO AND LET GOD!!!!!

    Lots of love, prayer and support go out to you daily,
    Lisa and family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home