Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

9-17-06

Hi everyone...........

Just to recap on my last week...I went back to work on Wednesday. Okay, I have to admit, it loved to be home with the girls. I could so be a stay at home mom, not because I am lazy and don't want to work, but there is so much to enjoy with them. Lexy and I play preschool and Lauren and I are working on her words and singing!! But really, it was nice to be back to my "normal" routine. What's normal?? I know I will never have my "old" life back again, but going back to work gave me part of it.

Thursday Ray and I went to the Allegan County Fair Grounds and saw Casting Crowns in concert. Wow! It was so great to see them live! Again, if you have not heard "Praise you in this storm"...you just must. When that song was sung, it was impossible to stop the tears. Yes, he was singing it to me :) As far as I could tell, it touched a lot of other people too. It was so great to be there that night. Music has been such a huge part of my healing. Lexy knows so many Christian songs. She will be in her room singing. I aways have my radio on in the house or in the car so healing words are always on my mind.

I had a few bad hours today. I got on the internet, a website actually recommended by a doctor. Yeah, not a good idea. I read too many things that were scary and fearful. I declare this is the day I ban myself from the internet in regards to head and neck cancer. After reading it , I just felt the life being sucked right out of me. My mind became a complete fog of worry and fear. So, I had to get out of this terrible "funk", so Lexy and I went for a walk. I just asked God to step into my mind and remove what I had read. It was windy and I just breathed in the fresh air........God. He filled my lungs and mind. I am happy to report I am over my funk. God is so faithful.

I have been so excited to learn more and more about God. Pastor Tim did a great message today about what faith looks like. He says we have to put our faith into action. I am so excited to do that. I am so thirsty for more knowledge of God. You should see my room, it's a mini library. I was becoming overwhelmed, so thought I should just take one at a time.

Hope all is well for you. I am not sure if any of you caught this on the news, but it has torn at my heart all day. There was an accident locally where a woman was severly burned and her 16 month old son killed. Apparently the father was just new to the church as a youth pastor 25 years old. He was helping re-roof the church and saw the whole thing. Mother was hit from behind and her car caught on fire. The father actually pulled her out of the car. Baby died instantly. Mother is at Spectrum with 40% of the body covered with burns. What a terrible tragedy. Lexy and I have been praying so hard. I am just sick to my stomach. But.....................it is not for us to understand. God is still good and is in control. He has a perfect plan, one that we may not be aware of while we are here. Pray for this family.

God Bless you all,
Lisa

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, I was so glad to find out you got to go to the Casting Crowns concert, sounds like you enjoyed it. You and your family are still in our thoughts and prayers daily, keep the faith.Jerry and Sue

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa and family and friends,

    I just want to share this special message with you that I received from a friend. God Bless you all!


    The Concert
    When the house lights dimmed and the concert
    Was about to begin, the mother returned to
    Her seat and discovered that the child was missing
    Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights
    Focused on the impressive Steinway on stage.
    In horror, the mother saw her little
    Boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out
    "Twinkle,Twinkle Little Star."
    At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and
    Whispered in the boy's ear,
    "Don't quit.""Keep playing."
    Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached
    Down with his left hand and began filling
    In a bass part. Soon his right arm reached
    Around to the other side of the child,
    And he added a running obbligato.
    Together, the old master and the young novice
    Transformed what could have been a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience.
    The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played.
    Only the classic,
    " Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
    Perhaps that's the way it is with God.
    What we can accomplish on
    Our own is hardly noteworthy.
    We try our best, but the results aren't always
    Graceful flowing music. However, with the
    Hand of the Master, our life's
    Work can truly be beautiful.

    The next time you set out to accomplish great feats,
    Listen carefully. You may hear the voice of the
    Master, whispering in your ear,
    "Don't quit." "Keep playing."
    May you feel His arms around you and
    Know that His hands are there, helping you
    Turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces.
    Remember, God doesn't seem to
    Call the equipped, rather, He equips the 'called.'
    Life is more accurate ly measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire. So touch someone by passing this little message along.
    May God bless you and be with you always!
    And


    Remember ,
    "Don't quit."
    "Keep playing."



    Love, Sheryl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home