Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

7-3-07

Dear Friends,
How sorry I am to not have updated more recently. I have been busy with the girls and Dr. appointments and phone calls. I think the last I wrote was that my next test was an MRI June 16. Well, they did not see any masses, they did see areas of inflammation that most likely correlate with the biopsies. Dr. Postma said, "it's a relatively clean MRI." Many Dr.'s are puzzeled why the area lit up on the back of my tongue- every test so far has proven to be negative. He did say I could have had some inflammation there or a muscle spasm.

I have decided to take all my records, reports and scans back to U of M for them to take a peek as well, just to make sure everyone agrees with what is going on. What's a ride to U of M? No big deal. I will go there July 13 to see an ENT, one I have seen in the past-nice guy. I am still taking antibiotics to keep the bacteria down in my mouth so the biopsy sites can heal. It's been six weeks and just in the past couple days I am off the Motrin. To be quite honest, this biopsy recovery has been worse than my seven weeks of radiation and chemo. I am hanging in there though. I have probably dropped a few more pounds since eating has been difficult.

Lately, the weather has been just beautiful. I awake to the sunshine on my face and every morning I say, "God, thank you, thank you for another day." I am so thankful for the two beautiful love bugs he gave me. We are having a blast. Alexa is at such a fun age that now we can start talking about "life"...."God". We have had a lot of heart to hearts lately. It is amazing how children just simply have total faith and trust. We are all to have that "child like faith". She is helping me.

Well, praise God this anniversary I am not lying in a bed getting chemo. Yes, Ray and I celebrate 8 years of marriage today. Unfortunately, he is with another woman tonight.........he promised Lexy to take her fishing!!! They were both so exicited they could hardly stand it. I will have to take a rain check for a date out with him.

I have a lot of peace and stillness inside. God has really wrapped His arms around me. Now, I ponder what is it God, you want me to do with my experience. I am praying to know that answer.

I hope my next update will be great news from U of M and I hope it won't take me forever to share the news!!

Thanks for your continued prayers and support,
Lisa

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa

    I just wanted to let you know you will be in my thoughts and prayers this coming Friday when you journey to U of M. May you have peace,assurance and safty!


    Always remember

    Your peace is in trusting him and knowing that whether sunshine bathes your soul in gladness
    Or storms darken it with sadness,
    God is still the same - Yesterday, Today, and Forever.
    He will guide you and protect you.
    His grace does not change.
    His goodness does not stop.
    His mercy does not end.
    His power still awesome.
    His love unending.
    His promises still true.
    He gave you life.
    He sustains your life. Provides for you. Strengthens you.
    Protects you. And takes care of you.

    Faith in God alone calms any storm. Praying for great results...and God walks by your side and carrys you through the difficult waiting period.

    Luv Ya, Lisa
    By the way....Happy Anniversary

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe it has been 8 years since we sang the bridal dance at your wedding! Happy Anniversary!!
    Your friends in PA are thinking about you. Tell Ray I said hi.
    Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home