Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Monday, October 30, 2006

10-30-06

Today was one of the hardest days of my life. It was going to change, regardless of my news. I awaited the results of my PET/CT scan today. I was extremely emotional on the ride to the doctor. Dad and Ray went with me. Brenda the nurse put me in the room and my heart was beating a million miles an hour and the tears would not stop coming. The doctor walked in and said, " I've got good news." I bursted into tears and hug dad and Ray so tight. Looking up, I just said thank you God, thank you God, thank you God. I just needed to hear the doctor confirm that everything was okay.

Though I am not out of the woods, I have begun a new chapter in my life. Right now, there is no active disease. The scan was completely clear. Praise our God!! I will continue to trust Him for good health.

I can celebrate Lauren's birthday tonight with thanksgiving and praise to God. Once again, He is faithful in letting me be a mother.


Lisa

5 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa ,
    I am soooooo glad to hear the good news. Keep your head up we are thinking about you!
    Love Kelly and Mateo

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praise God for your good news! I am so sorry you had to go through this trial. I am so happy to hear what we were believing for. God is good. Look at how much closer you are to Him because of this. We love you so much and cry tears of joy with you.

    Bob & Tracy

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,

    I really loved the news and was thankful for your call. I thanked God and will continue to pray for you and your family. I told people at work and called my mom when I got home. This is going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving! Talk to you soon.

    Kathy

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa
    Thank you for the wonderful call with the wonderful update. Tears of joy tricked down my face....and I can just imagine them pouring down yours!!!

    What a fantastic and joyous and uplifting report. You are and will still continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!! God is awesome!!!!
    Luv ya lots....Lisa

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa, Your testimony in church this morning was incredibly moving. It would be awesome (I noticed you had it written) if you would post it. Many were moved to tears and all saw God in the words you said. I love you and your family. God is working through you to show faith to many.
    Love,
    Cookie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home