Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Friday, October 06, 2006

10-06-2006

Hi .....................

Well, things have gotton a lot better for me since my last posting. I am feeling much better physically. My stomach bug is gone, just have some sinus stuff going on, but doing much better.

I hated to sound so discouraging the last posting, but I am being honest. I had a bad few days, but I am doing so much better. I had a lot of "whys", but I am discovering and focusing on the fact that God does not have to answer and may not answer all the whys. We must trust always that the creator of this world knows the best plan. I really was struggling with accepting God's plan for me, because I wanted to help design it. I am trying really hard to surrender and completely give it all to God. I want to hold on to just a bit of those plans................that's what is holding me back from complete trust. I am trying hard to focus on the fact that God is designer and I need to obey, listen and trust. God tells me not to fear.........I need to listen. When He tells me He is with me always.........I will remember.

I am so enjoying the beautiful fall colors.........what a reminder of God's beauty. Lexy and I are taking lots of walks and enjoying the weather. Lauren is taking a few steps. I can hardly believe she will celebrate her first birthday the end of this month!!

Until next week.........have a great week. Please pray specifically for peace and trust as I await my PET/CT scan on 10-26-06. God bless you all.

Lisa

2 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    Love that honesty - and that is what keeps you going. You are going to have those bad days, negative feelings, down in the dump times, but your are human like the rest of us. Don't appologize for that. Your honestly brings me to my honesty and how I think about you everyday and wonder through all of this, you still stand with God by your side so optimistic and full of hope and faith. I am such a worry-wart, I worry about the littlest things and then you make me feel guilty! I have to realize that none of my worries in this point of my life are like your worries. Just the antcipation and waiting and wondering has to just pull on your heart. I do not fear for you because in Gods plans, he has a wonderful life for you in the future. I pray about you all the time and God gives me such a warm feeling about your tests in a few weeks. God is an awesome God and hold tight girl, he is going to make your life one worth living and fighting for. The ride has just begun. There will be many turns and twists, but God has you seat-belted in and he says you are going to enjoy the ride just put your faith in him and he will make sure the landing is safe!!!!

    Luv ya, praying for you and thinking of you all the time, Lisa

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lis,

    I love the colors too. I tried to call you back, hope you received my message. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Let's do coffee and talk soon. Tell your family hello from me.

    Kathy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home