Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

9-27-06

Hi everyone,

This has been a tough week for me. I have not felt the greatest. Nauseated and feeling blah. I will have to admit when my physical body is ill, my spirit suffers too. I have been just a bit down. It all started about a week ago when I read in the Grand Rapids Press about the mother that was burnt and lost her 16 month old son. It really hurt my heart and spirit. But I have been repeating over and over...........God has the greater plan, it is not for me to understand. I guess this story of tragedy made me look again at my situation, and I became fearful again of my future. It's been a rough week, but God and I are working things out. I bought a ring from the Family Christian Store that says "FEAR NOT". I wear that on my right and wedding ring on the left. I look at it when I am driving, typing, or writing. What a constant reminder to me.

I just received a phone call from the ENT that my PET/CT scan will be Oct 26th at 8:30 a.m. This will show if all the cancer is gone or if anything has spread. I will see the Dr. for results on Oct. 30. (Lauren's first birthday!).

My specific prayers please........... pray for peace as I await this scan and for all fear of bad news to flee from my thoughts.

Lisa

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa-
    You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I will specifically pray for you during this tough time.
    ...you have come so far, remember that!
    Love to all the Davis'
    -Kelly (and crew)

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,

    You are not forgotten as you are now returning to the routine of everyday life. Just remember that the nausea and blah feelings are a reminder that all the treatments are still at work. Even if you don't have to travel anymore or physically have to get them, they are still fighting with you. God will keep you safe. Remember He is holding you in His hands.

    I love you..........Kathy

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lisa,
    I continue to keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!
    Love and prayers,
    Brenna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home