Lisa's Journal

I want to keep everyone up-to-date on what is going on in my life and how they can specifically pray for me. I was recently diagnosed with tonsil cancer and will soon be receiving treatment. I plan to go to U of M for treatment. Please pray for courage, strength and for me to hear God's voice.

Friday, October 27, 2006

10-27-06

Yesterday, 10-26-06 I had my PET/CT done. I was so glad to see the same tech that did my procedure last time. She was so sweet and compassionate, as well as the others that helped me. My dad and Ray came with me. I was there for about 4 hours. I was injected with glucose and had to go into a "no talking phase " or about an hour. So Ray and Dad got to catch up on alot! I was then taken back into the scanner where I was injected with contrast, to help vessels show up. That took about 25 minutes. I was very comfortable throughout the exam. I was at peace and had a light heart. I just continued to pray for God's peace during the exam, and He gave it to me.....so peaceful infact, I felt like I could go to sleep.

So, now...............the WAIT! I will/ should get results on Monday. I have a Dr. appointment with my ENT at 11:30. I was told to call before I came in to make sure results are in. It usually takes three business days. I will keep myself busy the next few days. Ray will be gone all day at a football game Saturday and has to work Sunday. The girls and I will hang out together.

The test is over and what is ......is. God has the plans..........I cannot change any result of these test. I am trusting that His plan is better than I could ever design. I continuously remind myself this is out of my control. It is going to be a hard few days while I wait, because I don't have a magic ball to see what the results are, but I MUST say focused and positive.

Please pray for continued peace.

Love,
Lisa

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will pray that you get your results on Monday. My mind will be thinking of you all day. Frank and his dad were in on Friday. They both asked about you. I told them about your scan. His dad had to go back and have another CT scan done....they saw something....Good News it was inflammation like in a little pocket where he had cancer. It was due to all the chemo and radiation so it will heal. God answers prayer.

    Love you...Kathy

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello...My husband is John Yasenak and my name is Michele, and we are members at SLCC. We just wanted to let you know that the wait game is the worst. John had a stem cell transplant for Mantle Cell Lymphoma and he has been cancer free for 5 years. Everytime there is a blood test, PET Scan, or bone marrow the wait is unbearable but knowing that God is on your side does make it a little easier. But the anxiety is something you can not seem to shake. I only wish that the blog was around when we were going through his ordeal. We continue to pray for you and your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home